Week 2 Headlines
- Jalen Ramsey requested a trade from the Jaguars after a heated debate with coach Doug Marone.
- Ben Roethlisberger will miss the rest of the season after getting elbow surgery
- Drew Brees to miss 6 or more weeks with a torn ligament in his hand.
- Daniel Jones to make his first career start on Sunday
- Saints to run two QBs vs the Seahawks
- Jets don’t have a (good) QB until Sam Darnold returns (Mono)
- The Dolphins still suck
Week 3 Top Games
New York Giants vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
This game will be interesting on two levels. The Daniel Jones era begins in New York while Eli Manning will sit on the sideline for the first time in a long time. Jones has some big shoes to fill with Eli, and you have to thin k he has a shirt leash with a Hall of Famer (yeah I said it) on the bench behind him. The other level is Jamies Winston has proven time and time again that he stinks, but maybe this game will be a turn around for the former first pick.
New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks
This game we will finally get to see Teddy Bridgewater start an NFL game.However, Sean Payton has said the team will run a 2 quarterback system, meaning we will also see plays from the electric utility guy, Taysom Hill. I’m interested to see how this will work and if the offense can still be explosive because last week was just terrible. We also get to see the Seahawks offense be amazing again, people undervalue Russell Wilson and that’s just sad to me.
Los Angeles Rams vs Cleveland Browns
Finally, we have the Sunday Night game. This will be an “are you good” check for both teams. Last week should’ve been the Rams reality check but they beat a Drew Brees-less Saints team. The Browns were able to make quick work of the Jets… but it’s the Jets so, yeah. Both Goff and Mayfield looked very sharp in their games in week 2, and now we get to see two number 1 picks go at it on primetime Sunday football.
Thanks for reading and check back on Friday for some baseball talk.